dont we all just love CopyPaste?
quote: ge! pltnmate darling sweetheart lovee
begin
Today on the bus with Syimah we both talked about how long it's been since we were part of the company. I think she misses her PartAs a whole lot la. There's still the "SSG<3" keychain they gave her on her phone.
I guess I just wanted to put down in words one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life (which I admit isn't very long). 5 years ago I wouldn't have believed myself if I knew I was going to be so attached to RGSNCC. But now I know I won't have it any other way.
People have been asking, why you join ncc. It's damn hiong right, and you can't talk to your seniors right. They pump you every day and you get mistaken for guys right. What's the draw? Haha. All my pltmates would say the same thing - an outsider would never understand.
It's a drive to achieve something you believe in. It's the togetherness, the sense of accomplishment, the love <3 that goes all round. Your pltmates. Till now we remember the days we spent in the mornings jogging our limbs off, or sleeping, or after school when you're so dejected you come down to the table and suddenly everything's okay again. Sitting on the railings, sprawled on the floor, preparing no4 or no3 at the eleventh hour the day before parade, or camp, or uniform check. I remember polishing boots under my desk during lessons. Being obsessed with solid bangs and perfect drills, armstrength and dressing, making ourselves heard. I miss the rigour, I know we all do. Then when we ourselves became NCOs, running to the room to take a nap in between lessons, discovering little treasures buried underneath the archives that heap up at the back, reading the messages written on camp bags. Wondering why there was no reception.
Going to HQ was always a drag but I always remembered how our seniors were so zai there. We always stood out. Some people don't like the way we handle interaction in camp but it's our way of being professional with our engagements. Our way of preventing unwanted complications. The RGS tag has always been and will always be. An honour to put on. An honour to wear on your shoulder. The night before specs course. Talking to Shuning on msn - she showed me a photo of the company at pasir ris park. She said, ge, this is what we're going to specs course for. For all these people we so respect and love. That did it. The next day we ran our asses off, shouted ourselves hoarse and learnt to think on our feet. Screw the guys. With the exception of maybe Bowen, none of them see the value in discipline any more. None of them wear their uniforms with pride any more. None of them understand respect, feel the weight of responsibility on their shoulders. There was a time when our seniors would have to fight them tooth and nail to get i/c, to get awards. They do have the physical advantage, but we have the psychological one. But now very few of the guys actually try. NCC as a uniformed group is going down, but we refuse to be dragged into the mud with the rest of them.
The millions and millions of hours we put into RGSNCC paid off hundredfold. I met the best people I've ever met in my life. We share something nobody else understands. They always ask us why the ncc people stick to each other like glue. They don't get it :) It's really rare to have every single person in a particular cca so dedicated to it, and yet... we've achieved that. And that's amazing. Bob and I never had problems with attendance, or commitment. If the plt came to a disagreement it was because each of us had such tight grips on the company we couldn't decide which way to pull it. It never came to a point where nobody cared what happened next. And that's truly amazing. I know we all wear the RGS tag with pride.
You know you love someone when the sight of her breaking down is something you can't take. Still remember when we disappointed them so much; we had failed them time and again. Falling in and diaming for hours, sometimes in silent tears. But they never left for good. They always forgave us, gave us another chance we didn't deserve, till we finally could see them smile. We've done stupid things, but we learnt. In PartA year, I remember 1sg Aisyah's smile, Ssg Liting's dao face :P. 1sg Siqi's cuteness even in her anger. 1sg Linglee's thoughtful silence. Then 2004. 1sg Karen's talkativeness and her funny laugh. Master Weining taking Piah's hand and running when we all thought we couldn't take another step. 1sg Jiahui! We always loved her, she was always always there. 1sg Nafisah, who was really a role model for me. 1sg Liangpei who was (and still is) really really really really pretty :D Then 2 years back... 1sg Nadiah and her uhh maternal ways. 1sg Jessica who was obsessed with fitness O_O Ssg Vanessa, whom we thought cried cos she didn't want us, but we were wrong! and 1sg Carmen, who saved us from killing ourselves !!
When the company falls in together I only see solidarity. What a blessing to have been part of this.
end
i think it's love.. =)
olivejuice//
No comments:
Post a Comment