Wah blogger y u so diff now? Eh lol this blog has been stagnant for over a year. O.o
... anw, 2012 is ending in about 3 days and I'm not sure how I feel about the year. Before writing this post, I was thinking that it hasn't been very eventful but now I think I change my mind. K I'm glad I'm writing this, so that I can better appreciate the things that have happened (: Oh yes, firstly I've learned that I'm quite the anal freak, so I shall categorize my year in terms of school, work, family, friends, love, and.. others? hahaha.
1. School
Started 4th year in mid Nov and still no concrete plan for my thesis. Didn't get any of my top 3 choices but got J as supervisor instead. Trying not to judge her based on my prior experiences cos that won't help at all, sigh. 2012 in terms of school has been alright I suppose. Upped my game a little towards the end of last year cos I realised that I can't get honors by slacking. Last sem was pretty nerve-wrecking cos my honors depended on my grades but I pulled through yay! (Sensation & Perception ftw). Sch friends have been great as well yup. We don't really meet outside of sch but we had a chalet during the Oct hols (: don't get to see them much now cos a few are a sem ahead while the rest are taking their time, and one's graduated. Owells at least I still have some friends embarking on 4th year with me so it's not too lonely.
2. Work
At the start of this year, I went for an interview/audition thing to be a Speech & Drama trainer, in Malay, HAHA! I was pretty scared for the interview, and eventhough I got the job, sometimes I still don't feel too confident that I can do the job right. I guess I just need more practice. But for $60 per hour, I think I definitely should stick around heh. Only downside to this job is that the schs they send us to are mostly in the east. Sucks to lug myself all the way there just for 1-1.5hrs of lesson ugh.
I also started doing tuition this year (the autistic kid in 2009 doesn't really count cos I only did that for like, 3-4 months..?). Tutored 3 siblings in one location so I guess that was pretty good money also. The brother's apparently autistic (but since he goes to a mainstream sch, his condition is def mild) and he progressed from a single digit grade for foundation math to 70+ for PSLE hee! Hella tiring, but fulfilling :) I'm also currently tutoring a brother & sister, at a much nearer location (which is mostly why I decided to continue w this and not the other) and $40 per hour for 2hrs per week, best.
So with 2013 fast approaching, I'll be starting a new job as a behaviour therapist working w autistic kids. 'Child psychologist/autism therapist' has been scrawled on my whiteboard under Long-term goals for the longest time ever so I'm pretty excited about this recent development in my life heh. I've only done observations so far though (with a pretty long stagnant gap before this morning) but apparently I'll be working tandem (i.e. taking on a kid myself for the entire 2hr lesson, but with my 'supervisor' around, thankgod). I'm scared shitless honestly, cos the job has a steeeeep learning curve. But if this works out, then it's a great platform for my future, yes!
Speaking of future, I've been thinking that perhaps I don't need a full-time job. I'm thinking of juggling a couple of part-time freelance jobs instead, namely behaviour therapist, tutoring, speech&drama (this would depend cos I don't think I'd wanna be all kental with kids even at 30+, mcm weird gitu) and lastly possibly even real estate agent. I figured this would be alright since I can go under my dad's tutelage (hahah) and rj batchmates would probably be successful buggers who can give me commission :3 This arrangement would be great cos my work schedule would be flexible, which is important especially when I have my own kids. My kids must be my top priority. :))
3. Family
.. I'm not too sure what I should say here. I guess family usually does get taken for granted :/ hmm I suppose I've spent a lot more time with my family these days. Much much more than when I was in rg. I used to spend so much time outside and I hardly interacted with my parents and sisters. I'm so grateful for them now really. I love my sisters eventhough they annoy the crap out of me. My older sis can be so immature and vindictive, and my younger sisters are so mcm phm and freaking messy leaving their stuff all over the house. But at the end of the day, no matter how much we argue or say shit things to each other, we never actually have to say we're sorry cos it's somewhat understood that we don't really mean to hurt each other, and we proceed to do all the kental stuff tt our family does lol.
4. Friends
I suppose I should start w my closest friends first. I'm trying to avoid names just in case it turns up in google so now I think I shall just use initials lolol. L & M are still not talking to each other, which is partly silly but mostly disappointing. I hate finding out about couples breaking up because it reminds me how easily bonds can break. It has always fascinated me really how relationships (romantic ones, platonic ones, etc) are basically a fragile union of two individuals each living their own lives, hence they take effort to make it work since there's no way it can just magically work, hmm. ... Anw, I've also always thought that friends who fight/argue are real friends, in the sense that they know each other so well that there's bound to be issues that would matter so deeply that you would find a reason to argue. Which made me think that I'm probably a bad friend since I haven't actually argued with my friends in awhile.. and that kinda sucks.
In other news, I have no idea what's gonna happen for gradtrip or who I'll be going with, aigoo. I'd like to explore SEA though cos it'd be alott cheaper and I'm sure there's still a bunch of things I haven't done. Lol we'll see ah.
Hmm other friends.. Not sure whom or what I should talk about but I guess my social life has been okay (:
5. Love
So I'm still with Nazzer 7 years & 9 months on. Who would've thought huh? Still being a major pain in the butt. Not too sure whether he'd always been this annoying or I was too lovestruck to care. Speaking of lovestruck, I read through our old stuff and realised tt we were so goddamn mush ack. Nazzer now can be a total ass, forever telling me that I'm fat tsk. He can be pretty sweet sometimes though. Like running errands or spending loadsss on my birthday hahah. I suppose I could do a lot worse, so I shall be thankful lol. Aight so there were no major arguments this year I think? K just referred to my private diary, which I reserve for those times when I feel shittiest and need an outlet, and I only wrote in it once this year. I was pmsing though so I'm not sure if that counts hmm.
Anw, people keep asking when we're getting married. K this really really isn't gonna happen anytime soon. Nazzer's only graduating in 2.5yrs and we have like no money for a wedding haha. So yeah, give us another 4-5yrs? Lolkthxbye.
6. Others
Got myself a HTC One S for my birthday so I finally got whatsapp hahaha. Kinda tiring having to be in constant contact with ppl, but I think I'm quite glad for it as well cos it made me connect more with people I usually don't talk to. Oh I finally went to watch a movie alone recently yay! Wreck it Ralph was pretty awesome (:
Oh and I'm super super super excited that I'm finally travelling somewhere far far away! K not that far. I'm going Adelaide for a GK conference, which is like 7-9 Feb, but I'm travelling 6th till 17th hahah opportunist much. I'll be missing our family holiday to Perak though. Quite disappointing cos it's with my cousins all, but at least I've been there a few times and done caving and rafting already. Sis is joining me after the Perak holiday and flying down to Melbourne. I'll be taking the train from Adelaide to Melbourne, hee excites!! Spending 6-12th and most of 13th on my own, which is scary but oh so exciting. Trying to get used to doing things alone so that I can enjoy myself sufficiently while I'm there and not crave for human attention and contact or anything like that :/
#edit. I forgot to mention that I went gokarting with my family recently at Plentong circuit somewhere in Johor and the race course was huuuge! Plus we karted in the rain, which was freaking awesome. They gave us disposable ponchos, which was useless cos we got drenched waist down anw hahah. Water was splashing everywhere, especially when we went over puddles and when we're behind another kart. They told us to drive slower but uh I didn't really listen lol. Drove somewhat at the normal speed for the most part. Ooh I also loved the feel of the rain on my face! Reminded me of the times we canoed in the rain, shiok :)
Wokay I think I've covered most of the important events of 2012, and I'm very very happy that I finally wrote this whee! Quite sad that most of '09, '10 and '11 has gone unrecorded, especially since so much has happened since As in terms of new experiences. Ahwell, looking forward to an interesting 2013 (:
No comments:
Post a Comment